
One of the Ortho surgeons had given me a coffee card for all of the free assists I do for him. He's a great guy. Today I had an hour in between cases so I went to Starbucks. As I got out of the truck a street person approached me and asked if I could spare 50 cents. I told him when I came back out I would give him my change. Standing at the counter, I gathered up two one dollar bills as I waited for my hot beverage, with full intentions of giving them to the "dude". As I walked back out to my truck, he was still standing there but his back was to me and his attention seemed to be on a group of three girls approaching the store. I opened my truck door assuming he would hear me there and come to collect his free money. When I looked back at him I realized that he was not soliciting the three girls that had approached but rather he was talking on his cell phone! I got in the truck fully expecting him to tap on my window, but as I started to back out I saw that he had taken off across the street pushing his empty shopping cart ahead of him. Apparently street people are now networking.

No comments:
Post a Comment