Wednesday, July 30, 2008


Vacation! Well sort of, away from my business of assisting for a week or so anyway. It actually stresses me out to be leaving. I'm packing about four Trauma/Surgery/Review books with me for some bedtime stories. About four days out, I'll be craving some O.R. action. On about the sixth day, I will be in actual physical withdrawals. Maybe another glass of wine on the back deck at sunset will help them go away.
I will probably dream of being scrubbed. That usually happens when I don't work for a while. I just hope it's not that horrible recurring dream where no matter what I do, I can't keep from contaminating the sterile field. That one really wears me out.
Call schedules won't come out until after I leave so at least I won't be squirming over who's trauma call I'm missing. There are several surgeons gone all or some of the same time frame that I am, so I probably won't be missing much. Still.....
When I get back, I'll work on finishing my long winded novel that "Path to SFA" has become. See y'all soon.

No comments: