I've been having some unpleasant pressure in my right ear and a couple of episodes of vertigo over the last six days. Today I had an appointment with my ENT Dr. He entered the exam room, we shook hands, he looked at my throat, looked up my nose (but doc, it's my ear that troubles me!) looked in my right ear and while rolling across to look in my left ear, he said "We're gonna have to get that hair out of there."
The first thought that went through my head was that he meant my long hair was in the way. I found it odd that he didn't move it out of the way in the first place. Then I suddenly had an embarrassing epiphany. "You mean I've reached the age of hairy ears?!"
"No, I mean that there is either a dog or horse hair in there that needs to come out."
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hairy ears. I laughed out loud when I read this post. You can't leave us hanging, which one was it -- horse or dog?
It was definitely horse, two of them, one was coiled up like a spring resting on my eardrum.
I am new to your blog. I just read the post about Lap/Chole basics. Thank You!! I am a surgical tech student with 2 quarters left in my program and have not done a Lap/Chole yet...but now I know I will be prepared :)Keep the stories coming...
so, was it horse or dog hair?
Welcome, Red and thank you for your comment. It was horse hair, haven't had the heart to get another dog yet. I enjoy teaching so if you have any ST questions, please ask away!
Post a Comment