Monday, February 8, 2010
Doo-doo-doo doo. Doo-doo-doo-doo. "You're traveling through another dimension --"
I've always hoped that my particular involvement in the health care profession was recession proof. Not so, it seems. Unit clerks are getting laid off, scrubs and nurses are being called off and instead of reporting to work, they are being put on call (much, much cheaper to pay call pay that an hourly salary-the hospital plays the odds that the crew won't be called back in at time and a half pay), or just told not to come in to work. I haven't worked on a call night since I can't remember when, and, my cell phone hasn't rung for two days now. It all feels so odd and Twilight Zone-ish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sounds frustrating. Hope you'll be scrubbing in again soon!
Thanks Oystein.
March is looking up already. February is so short and with a "holiday" right in the middle, the case load for the month is pretty minimal anyway. It is considerably warmer and sunny here for the next foreseeable future so that oughta' generate some business!
I am also a nurse and use to be a private scrub and then 'graduated' to running a surgery center for years. Now? Well - I'm blogging!
Stephanie
Hi!
How are you doing? Long time no see!
Someone hijacked my email linked to my blog acct and I can't log in anymore!
Post a Comment