
For months now I have been referring to Suture for a Living's author as ribates! It finally dawned on me one day that this isn't her title. What follows is my apology!
I am a bit dyslexic. I remember the correct numbers, but in the wrong sequence, I always have to pause and do an air sketching before I write the letters d or b, or I will invariably place the half circle on the wrong side of the stalk. I even type dyslexic, you is usually yuo, and is adn, etc.
And..... I read things incorrectly over and over again until one day, something makes me concentrate a little harder, and I see the written word in an entirely different context, sporting a whole new meaning. Such is the case with your name.
Since the beginning, I have read your name as ribates, I have often wondered what does ribates mean? Hmmm....must be Latin. I pronounce it ree-bah-tees in my dehydrated brain. Even googled it hoping for enlightenment but got a hodgepodge of results.
It's a wonder the spelling/grammar police never corrected me! Or, no one even noticed, except me, finally, some three months later.
(In the voice of the Pathological Liar) http://videos.matchdoctor.com/4132/Jon_Lovitz_-_The_Pathological_Liar.html
Sorry for the past er...uhm....typos. Yeah, that's it......typos, that's what they are. Typos, that's the ticket.
R L Bates, oh now I get it! So much easier to pronounce and it makes sense!
And..... I read things incorrectly over and over again until one day, something makes me concentrate a little harder, and I see the written word in an entirely different context, sporting a whole new meaning. Such is the case with your name.
Since the beginning, I have read your name as ribates, I have often wondered what does ribates mean? Hmmm....must be Latin. I pronounce it ree-bah-tees in my dehydrated brain. Even googled it hoping for enlightenment but got a hodgepodge of results.
It's a wonder the spelling/grammar police never corrected me! Or, no one even noticed, except me, finally, some three months later.
(In the voice of the Pathological Liar) http://videos.matchdoctor.com/4132/Jon_Lovitz_-_The_Pathological_Liar.html
Sorry for the past er...uhm....typos. Yeah, that's it......typos, that's what they are. Typos, that's the ticket.
R L Bates, oh now I get it! So much easier to pronounce and it makes sense!

1 comment:
MakeMine,
There was no need for an apology. Hope you have a great day!
Post a Comment