Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Uncalled Forth


Apparently I have become the white cloud. Even worse, I seem to have turned the Trauma Surgeon with the biggest black cloud into a white cloud also. I'm sure he appreciates it, but I am having physical cravings for some trauma surgery. Hell, I'll even settle for any open general surgery. Nothing laparoscopic thank you, it just doesn't fill the void like actually getting your hands on some organs. (photo credit)

Last week's call for me.

Monday- Ortho.

Tuesday-Trauma and Ortho.

Thursday-Trauma.

Friday-Ortho.

Saturday-Ortho and ER (with the same doc I take trauma call with).

Sunday-Ortho.
Total number of cases, 0, that's zero, zilch, zip.

Last night I was on Ortho call again. Nothing. Tonight I will hopefully have better luck, I'm on ER call again with the trauma surgeon.
Tomorrow I will be available for trauma with a different trauma surgeon, maybe he will be the new black cloud.

This week I assisted one of the general surgeons on Monday morning, three scheduled laparoscopic cases, he mentioned he was on ER call this Friday and Sunday. I volunteered my services. He programmed my number into his phone. A good sign.

2 comments:

Bongi said...

i love your little dance of joy.

make mine trauma said...

Thanks, it's just how I feel when the trauma pager goes off.


You may build your own at meez.com