Friday, December 28, 2007
Seriously?
The same anesthesiologist/pain doc that had given me the Lryica samples and was all set to give me an occipital nerve block in (my old) the OR, has just informed me, through his scheduler, that he feels I shouldn't come in to the pain clinic today and finally get that block I've been begging for. He thinks it's best that I just wait until my January third appt. with the PM and R doctor for two reasons. I never got past the first reason, "Your insurance may require pre-approval." I calmly explained to the lady that I am willing to pay for this out of pocket because even if it were pre-approved, I still have to pay it out of my $3000.00 deductible. "Well, we wouldn't want to risk losing your benefits." Didn't really matter what the second reason is anyway, he obviously has reservations about doing it. I should have taken it when he offered it the first time. What's seven more days of agony? Assuming PM and R docs even give nerve blocks?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi MMT. I've been catching up on my medblog reading. Sorry you had to spend the holidays in pain. I don't understand all of the med-speak, but hope that you find some relief from the pain. I especially like FD's advice "Massage by very handsome, single, hetero young man." Be sure and let me know if you find a place to get that prescription filled.
Thanks MA. I am feeling quite a bit better. I've been able to cut back on the NSAID's to about 1/2 as much. That is a good sign.
Still looking for the magic pharmacy to fill the massage perscription though.
Post a Comment