Wednesday, February 6, 2008

O.R. Funny of the Day

I work with four orthopaedic surgeons now. Two of them are very intense. One is outwardly even tempered but has been known to go off on an occasional tantrum. The fourth one is super laid back and has a sense of humor that I totally get and he cracks me up. Today, during our last case together, I mentioned that one of the other surgeons called me by his wife's name once during a case. I thought that it showed that he was comfortable with me as an assist.

To which he replied, "That's nothin'. I told the E.R. nurse I was talking to on the phone that I loved her before I hung up."
photo credit
And, he was with his wife when he did it!

2 comments:

T. said...

Waaa-haaaa-haaa-haaaaa!!!!!

That is SOOOO funny - I've totally done stuff like this!

Thanks for the on-call-all-weekend boost. :)

make mine trauma said...

Thank goodness! I thought no one got it....like a "you had to be there moment."

You're welcome!