Friday, July 4, 2008

My path to Surgical First Assist, the long version. Prelude

I've been a big blog slacker lately. Can't blame it on house hunting anymore. Remember the house I found? Well I seem to have serious commitment issues......have I mentioned that before? After inspections I felt that there were too many do-it-yourself non-permitted revisions and add-ons that I didn't want to deal with. Truth be told though, I think it was the financial implications that subconsciously made me nauseous. Anyway, that deal is off and I've decided that now is not the time for me to buy, perhaps next spring. The economy is way to scary right now and I believe that housing will actually be even lower next year.

But enough of that. A while back someone posted a comment asking me the following, "....I went back a couple of posts .....and saw that you are not an RN, PA, MD or Scrub Tech. I was just wondering what route you took to become a first assist? "

Well, it has only taken me about six weeks to answer but here you go. I am a Surgical Technologist-Certified. That is the minimum you must be to go on to assisting. That is the short answer. Since I have long been contemplating blogging about my personal path to First Assist, what follows in 2 ?, 3 ?, parts, is the long answer.

2 comments:

Radioactive Tori said...

I am so glad you are sharing this! I was curious too!

make mine trauma said...

Thanks Rad Girl. I have been lagging, losing readers, hope this spices things up! It is turning out to be a very long story I think, I still have a lot left to tell after part two, but I am enjoying the recount.