Made it back in one piece. I drive everywhere. The highways were noticeably uncrowded this trip. It was me, truckers, giant expensive bus conversion RV's, a few u-haulers (the most dangerous species on the road), motorcycles and a spattering of mostly fuel saving cars with license plates from the state we were in or one state away. There are some advantages to the fuel prices.
I only had one OR related dream. I was on my way to the hospital. I wasn't sure what I was going there for, but I knew I was late. My cell rang and I answered it with, "I'm on my way!" It was the vascular surgeon that I was apparently on my way to assist. He ignored my salutation and proceeded to tell me all of the special equipment, thrombectomy catheters, shunts, grafts,etc. that he would need for this case. I was still driving, didn't recognize half of the stuff he was rattling off and had no way to write it down! I felt a little panicked but there wasn't much I could do but say OK and hope for the best.
Next scene I am in the OR and the patient is a male friend of mine. Not too bad except we seem to be doing a bilateral inguinal hernia repair, or so I think. I don't really want to see my friends "junk" so my dreaming psyche resolves that by having his testicles selectively draped into the field but I don't recognize them as such because they are neatly butterfly filleted! To top it off, he is awake, propped up on both elbows and conversing with me about ?? I don't remember.
Well, at least I didn't contaminate everything.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
freud would have a field day.
I realized that after I posted it! but then, he would have a field day with most of my dreams....
Post a Comment