Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Heat Slump


Will someone please tell me that August is a slow month for elective surgeries? Families still on vacation, the lull before the post deductible surgical frenzy? I know, it's only the first of the month, but by now-midweek, that is- I usually have cases booked for next week. At least some Monday cases. Right now.....nothing. One lonely lap chole on Friday then nothing until the 15th. I'm getting nervous.

It's been very hot here as I'm sure it has been where you are too. Seems none of the country is exempt this summer. The last time we had a week of near or over 100 degree temperatures it was also a slow week in the O.R. Last night was the full moon and I didn't get any action from the lunar madness either. Just too dang hot I guess, although I thought crime was at it's highest in the heat. Not that I wish for more crime mind you.

The bigger disappointment is that now I have no excuse to catch up on housework. After I finish this entry, of course. In my 96 degree office.

No comments: