Reading Bongi's post this evening I am reminded of a story that the Colorectal surgeon I used to work with relayed to a few of us in the OR. He prefaced the story by saying "I can't believe I'm about to tell you this, and I know I'll live to regret it."
That really got our attention and there was no backing out for him at that point.
Seems when he was a resident he had his own hemmorhoidal situation. Embarrassed to have someone else treat it, he decided he could do it himself. It involved a mirror and a syringe of lidocaine. In the bathroom, pants down and bent way over holding the mirror with one hand, he attempted to inject the the little bugger with the other hand. However, he missed. Seems he managed to inject his left testicle somehow instead.
He did live to regret telling us the story but only until we tired of referring to him with the obvious nickname "numb nuts."
And now, in his honor, here is a little song.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
so funny!!! wow. please tell him i think he is brave to tell such a story. may he never live it down!
uh, i believe in keeping sharp instrumentsaway from my private area as a rule. but you know, to each his own. that's funny. (giggling) numb nuts (giggle, giggle)
funny guy! gee, i agree with someonetc. no sharps anywhere down south.
A good rule to live by!
Oh he "accidentally" injected his testicle? There are no accidents! C
Very funny!
Post a Comment