After all of the pain, after all of the whining, all of the sleepless nights, torturous days and fearful thoughts, I feel so much better that I have decided to cancel my Thursday appt. with the Physical Medicine and Rehab Doctor. Bad Patient. I don't make this choice lightly, and I am not saying I will not seek treatment eventually, but I can do so on my own terms now that I am comfortable enough to work and sleep with minimal discomfort and seem to be improving daily. I even talked to three different surgeons and the concensus is , if they were me, and they felt better, they would cancel too.
I will probably follow a different course of treatment though. I think I'll go to the chiropracter. Just kidding! I will probably go and establish myself as a (bad) patient with my new Primary Care Physician (won't she be thrilled!), and go from there.
On another note. Worked two nights of call in a row. I haven't seen any call action in a long time and I've missed it. Even had a good talk with one of the ortho trauma docs. I have been telling him for the last year that he can feel free to call me when he needs help. I finally quit offering because he has never called. Last night I just happened to be at the hospital when he booked his two tibial nailings. I was actually hanging out for the general trauma surgeon. I made him ask me to help. I didn't offer. We had our chat, which he instigated, and he say's, for about the umpteenth time, that he will start calliing me. Maybe he really will now, because this time, he thinks it was his idea. You know how men are. Right now it's off to the shower before I'm called in again. After two nights of orthopaedics I'm ready for some general surgery.
Happy New Year!
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
General Surgery?! looking forward to hear your experiences then!!
I'm looking forward to mine this coming year too! Make sure you blog about them, share them with us through your blog and SurgeXperiences yea?
I will. Look forward to hearing about your's too!
you asked a surgeon what he would do? maybe you should ask him what he would have his patient do.
I know Bongi, I wrote the title with you in mind. If you were here you would be just the push I need to convince me to go to the doc. but from a distance I can still remain comfortably in denial!
We all seem to be the worst patients. One of those same surgeons has been working with a sinus infection/congestion and doing nothing for it. I told him, in true hypocritical fashion, "I'm sure I don't have to tell you that as a doctor you know that a sinus infection is nothing to fool around with."
it seems surgeons all believe they are above the things that happen to other mere mortals. ha ha ha
Post a Comment