I only had one case Friday. A ditzel at that, calcaneal fx. Not that it wasn't challenging, just not very fulfilling for myself and, it is all about me. Didn't have any call Friday night or Saturday night. Didn't work at all this weekend. Well, not yet anyway. I am on call tonight for the trauma surgeon, the ER call surgeon and the ortho trauma surgeon. Despite the numbers, chances that I'll work get slimmer as the hour grows later. The weather also plays a factor. The colder it is, on a Sunday night especially, the less chance Sum Dood will be out in the streets creating juicy traumas.
Tomorrow however is shaping up nicely. Two total joints in the morning, one hip and one knee. I am excited because I believe we are using the Zimmer NexGen on the knee. Probably posterior stabilized but I'm not sure. It is the system I know the best though some will say it is not the best system. Then I rush across town for a sigmoid resection with one of my favorite surgeons. I have so many favorite surgeons. I am very fortunate. I am psyched to go to work every day. This week, I have even been chosen as assist over another surgeon on two occasions by two different docs. How totally awesome is that?
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment